Managing Director, Principal Financial Planner & Founder
William is the visionary behind HFI. He is a certified Financial Planner and humanitarian and has worked in a financial advisory capacity since 2002. He has won awards as an innovator in the financial planning industry from both the industry and government and is widely recognised for his highly effective methods of advice. While working extensively with people from all walks of life and all professions, William is passionate about disability rights and has developed a specialist arm in working with and advocating for people living with complex health conditions and their families and is himself a carer of someone with a disability. William set up HFI as a social enterprise to provide funding to the Not for Profit sector and attract people who seek to deal with an ethical business.
- Managing Director, HFI
- Board Director & Chairman of Finance Committee, Allevia
- Policy & Regulations Board Committee member of the Financial Planning Association of Australia
- Master in Disability Studies (Flinders Uni. School of Medicine)
- Bachelor in Business (Applied Finance & Financial Planning)
- Certified Financial Planner (Deaken University & FPA)
- Self-Managed Superannuation Fund Specialist (Kaplan)
- Certificate IV in Credit & Lending
- Financial Planning Association’s Future2 Community Award Winner (NSW) 2014
- Emerging Leader (Finalist) National Disability Award 2014 (Federal)
- NSW Parliament Commendation in recognition for service to the Autism (ASD) Community 2014
- Financial Planning Association’s Best Practice Award Winner 2012 (NSW) – Certified Financial Planner Category & Nationally Highly Commended in this category
- Money Management Magazine Financial Planner of the Year (runner up) 2012
- Association of Financial Advisers Excellence in Education Award Nationally Highly Commended 2012
- Money Management Magazine Financial Planner of the Year (finalist) 2011
Dr Jennifer Hunter
Chief Medical Consultant
Jennifer is a primary care integrative medical practitioner with over 20 years of clinical experience. Jennifer holds a consulting role to HFI and works with us to better deliver our services to clients who have complex health needs and their carers. Together, we aim to tangibly improve the health and wellbeing of our clients. Jennifer assists our clients with navigating the health system; utilising health insurance such as Medicare, private health and WorkCover; and developing management plans for optimal health. Jointly we create effective management strategies that holistically address the health, financial and social dimensions for our clients.
- PhD (Sydney Medical School – School of Public Health, University of Sydney)
- Master of Science PH (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of London)
- Bachelor of Medicine (School of Medicine, University of Newcastle)
- Certificate in Integrative Medicine (2010). Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Diploma of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (1995) London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University London College, London, UK.
- Diploma in Shiatsu, Nutrition & Yoga (1993) Shiatsu Ryoho College, Sydney, Australia.
Manager – ProAssist, Marketing and Administration
With over 16 years working for major global corporates, Mariyana brings to the team multi-disciplinary expertise in marketing and human resources. She has lived and worked with MS for the last 20 years.
Her experience encompasses significant knowledge of organisational change and engagement activities, leadership, learning and organisational development, coaching and mentoring and a sound working knowledge of media.
- GCCM, Change Management (Australian Graduate School of Management)
- Accreditations from the Executive Coaching Institute of Australia
- MBTI Certified practitioner
Valerie has over 20 years’ experience in senior management in Not for Profit organisations – Baptist Community Services, Wesley Mission Sydney and The Sisters of St Joseph. For many of these years disability support services and community and residential aged care were within her area of responsibility. She has also conducted her own management consulting business assisting small to medium businesses increase profitability and employee loyalty.
Valerie retired in 2011 but has been enticed back to work with us by the great respect she holds for the ethics of our business and her passion for social justice. Her knowledge in management, business development, aged care, not for profit organisations and disability support is invaluable to our business and our clients.
- Counselling Certificate (Interrelate)
- Bachelor of Theology (Sydney College of Divinity)
- Master of Applied Science, Social Ecology (UWS)
Legal and Compliance Consultant
Roz has a human rights and advocacy background and her experience includes hands on support for people in nursing homes in Sweden. She has worked for SwedBank as a Credit Manager . Since her arrival in Australia, she has worked for five years in the capacity of Legal Assistant to the General Council of publically listed financial organisations, where she developed a deep understanding of financial systems and the legal framework of financial planning.
- Master of International Law (Financial Markets)
- Bachelor of Law/ International Law (Human Rights)
- Foundations of Financial Planning (RG146, Kaplan)
Philip Petrie is the CEO of Allevia, a Not for Profit organisation that provides accommodation and support for people with disability. Philip has over 30 years in-depth experience in the disability and community services sector. He has worked in a number of government and nongovernment agencies as an integral part of the teams tasked with the responsibility of evolving services into more community integrated models.
Philip has a reputation as an advocate for change, and his personalised approach resulted in a direct and positive impact on the lives of many disadvantaged members of the community and the quality of the support services they have access to. He is a contributor to the Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (Edler, R. 2009) textbook used as a prescribed text in Universities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Educational Studies