Managing Director, Principal Financial Planner & Founder
William is the visionary behind HFI. He is a certified Financial Planner and humanitarian and has worked in a financial advisory capacity since 2002. He has won awards as an innovator in the financial planning industry from both the industry and government and is widely recognised for his highly effective methods of advice. While working extensively with people from all walks of life and all professions, William is passionate about disability rights and has developed a specialist arm in working with and advocating for people living with complex health conditions and their families and is himself a carer of someone with a disability. William set up HFI as a social enterprise to provide funding to the Not for Profit sector and attract people who seek to deal with an ethical business.
- Managing Director, HFI
- Master in Disability Studies (Flinders Uni. School of Medicine)
- Bachelor in Business (Applied Finance & Financial Planning)
- Certified Financial Planner (Deaken University & FPA)
- Self-Managed Superannuation Fund Specialist (Kaplan)
- Certificate IV in Credit & Lending
- Financial Planning Association’s Future2 Community Award Winner (NSW) 2014
- Emerging Leader (Finalist) National Disability Award 2014 (Federal)
- NSW Parliament Commendation in recognition for service to the Autism (ASD) Community 2014
- Financial Planning Association’s Best Practice Award Winner 2012 (NSW) – Certified Financial Planner Category & Nationally Highly Commended in this category
- Money Management Magazine Financial Planner of the Year (runner up) 2012
- Association of Financial Advisers Excellence in Education Award Nationally Highly Commended 2012
- Money Management Magazine Financial Planner of the Year (finalist) 2011
Manager – ProAssist, Marketing and Administration
With over 16 years working for major global corporates, Mariyana brings to the team multi-disciplinary expertise in marketing and human resources. She has lived and worked with MS for the last 20 years.
Her experience encompasses significant knowledge of organisational change and engagement activities, leadership, learning and organisational development, coaching and mentoring and a sound working knowledge of media.
- GCCM, Change Management (Australian Graduate School of Management)
- Accreditations from the Executive Coaching Institute of Australia
- MBTI Certified practitioner
Legal and Compliance Consultant
Roz has a human rights and advocacy background and her experience includes hands on support for people in nursing homes in Sweden. She has worked for SwedBank as a Credit Manager . Since her arrival in Australia, she has worked for five years in the capacity of Legal Assistant to the General Council of publically listed financial organisations, where she developed a deep understanding of financial systems and the legal framework of financial planning.
- Master of International Law (Financial Markets)
- Bachelor of Law/ International Law (Human Rights)
- Foundations of Financial Planning (RG146, Kaplan)
Philip Petrie is the CEO of Allevia, a Not for Profit organisation that provides accommodation and support for people with disability. Philip has over 30 years in-depth experience in the disability and community services sector. He has worked in a number of government and nongovernment agencies as an integral part of the teams tasked with the responsibility of evolving services into more community integrated models.
Philip has a reputation as an advocate for change, and his personalised approach resulted in a direct and positive impact on the lives of many disadvantaged members of the community and the quality of the support services they have access to. He is a contributor to the Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (Edler, R. 2009) textbook used as a prescribed text in Universities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Educational Studies